On Wednesday, the 4th of December 2019 (16:00-16:45) NEVIR (the Netherlands Association for Investor Relations) – in cooperation with Company Webcast – presented the Webinar ‘The landscape of sustainability ratings and guidelines; the changing role of the IR professional’, by ForFarmers and Sustainalize. During this Webinar the following topics were discussed:
- The current CSR landscape and the trends we see;
- The changing mindset of investors, investments based on long-term value creation;
- How investors use ESG ratings and benchmarks to make investments decisions;
- The changing role of the IR professional and how they can prepare themselves for ESG related questions;
- Experiences from the IR professional: Caroline Vogelzang of ForFarmers will discuss how she experiences the changing IR environment.
Caroline Vogelzang – ForFarmers
Caroline Vogelzang has a long history in Investor Relations. She started her career as a management trainee at ABN Bank, and joined Wolters Kluwer as Investor Relations officer at the beginning of the nineties. Since then she held senior (commercial) management positions and was also self-employed. Combining strategy, finance and communication is what drives her.
Nick de Ruiter – Sustainalize
Nick has a background in sustainability strategy, -reporting and –auditing. Nick has more than 15 years of experience in sustainability. Next to working for Sustainalize, Nick is a guest lecturer at the Erasmus University on performance management and external validation. Nick works for all types of sectors including the chemical sector, the energy-sector and the agri/food sector.
Tijn Willems – Sustainalize
Tijn holds a Masters degree in Global Business & Sustainability (Business Administration) from Erasmus University Rotterdam. Tijn has 4 years of consultancy and verification experience in sustainability at EY. Since 2019, Tijn is bringing in his expertise at Sustainalize and supports the team in materiality assessments, benchmarking- and verification projects.