Do you want to help make the world a better place and support companies in their transition to becoming more sustainable? Well you are in luck! The Belgian team of Sustainalize is looking for a new member. More specific we are looking for a sustainability consultant who will work with us for 32-40h per week. Interested? Don’t hesitate to apply – We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Who are you?
- You have about 3 to 5 years of work experience in consulting and/or in sustainability (e.g. at an accountancy firm, in a CSR team, etc.);
- You can communicate fluently in English, Dutch and French;
- You have a strong interest and motivation to keep learning and engaging yourself in the field of corporate sustainability;
- You demonstrate advisory skills such as analytical thinking, flexibility, proactivity, and good communication skills;
- You like working in teams and have a hands-on, pragmatic and solution-driven growth mindset;
- You have knowledge of sustainability concepts such as the EU Taxonomy, ESG ratings (MSCI, Sustainalytics, CDP, Ecovadis), Sustainability reporting (EU NFRD, TCFD, SASB, GRI), carbon management (GHG Protocol, SBTi), etc.? This is an appreciated asset.
Please note that as we work closely with our Dutch colleagues, it is important that you are also ready to travel to the Netherlands for at least one day once every 6 weeks.
What will you learn and do?
- You will work on several client projects in various sectors and areas along the ‘management cycle’ – from strategy to reporting (e.g. strategy, materiality, reporting, benchmarking, value chain responsibility, human rights, etc.);
- You will manage, help develop, inspire and motivate team members;
- You will manage your project teams, ensuring a realistic planning, good communication with the client and with the team, and pursuing and monitoring the quality of products and services;
- Together with the client you will think on a strategic level in order to understand their needs and offer them pragmatic and realistic solutions;
- You will participate in the further growth of our Sustainalize team through personal involvement in internal and external projects.
Who are we?
We are Sustainalize, a fast growing organisation founded in 2010 and grown to market leader with over 35 consultants in the Netherlands, Belgium and Germany. As we are still growing we continuously look for talented new colleagues that can help us and our clients. We believe that tomorrow’s successful companies focus on shared value creation today: value that extends beyond immediate financial returns for shareholders and employees, and benefits our society and planet too. We help companies understand their impact, develop the right strategy, manage for results on the basis of reliable information, and inform their stakeholders about progress and achievements. We currently work with over 180 clients who also believe in the urgent need for sustainable development.
What do we offer?
You will be working in a motivated team determined to build a sustainable future. We offer an inspiring and pleasant working environment focused on a growth mindset with excellent development opportunities and plenty of room for personal initiative and entrepreneurship. We believe in our products and services and propagate this in our culture:
- Working together – We can only achieve our goals by working together, helping and supporting each other. Everyone’s opinion counts.
- Flexibility – As a consultant, the workload can sometimes be quite heavy. At the same time, we do everything we can to maintain a healthy balance between work and private life. We offer you the possibility to arrange your workday and working week flexibly. Overtime is compensated with a time-for-time scheme.
- Critical & open-minded – Sustainability is constantly evolving. To keep challenging ourselves and our customers, a critical attitude and open-mindedness is necessary. We give the opportunity to everyone within Sustainalize to think critically about how we can continue to improve ourselves and our products and services.
- Great working conditions – As a sustainability consultancy, it goes without saying that we strive to set a good example. Sustainability is woven into our culture and our terms of employment. We offer a competitive salary, compensation for (public & green) transport, meal and eco-vouchers, internal and external training, a joint (veggie) lunch, weekly bootcamp classes with your colleagues and frequent social get-togethers.
Apply for this vacancy before Friday, April 23rd by sending your CV and a short motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach Isaline by phone: +32 470 44 62 64.
We’re looking forward to meeting you!