About 475 CSR managers in the Netherlands were recently invited to choose three people that they believe qualified for the title of ‘2018 CSR Manager of the Year’. The votes have been counted and the following ten CSR managers have been shortlisted for the next round:
- Wendeline Besier (CSR Manager at TBI)
- Jaap Petraeus (Corporate Sustainability Manager at FrieslandCampina)
- Arnoud van Vliet (CSR & Quality Manager at Zeeman)
- Geanne van Arkel (Head of Sustainable Development at Interface)
- Marianne van Keep (Director of Sustainability at Verstegen Spices & Sauces)
- Denise Pronk (CR Programme Manager at Schiphol)
- Marlijn Simons-Somhorst (Corporate Responsibility & Relations Manager at Lidl Nederland)
- Lars van der Meulen (Corporate Responsibility Manager at VolkerWessels)
- Jacobine Das Gupta (Sustainability Director at DSM)
- Jan-Willem Vosmeer (Corporate Social Responsibility Manager at Heineken International)
On September 18, an expert jury will nominate three finalists from these candidates. We will then invite subscribers to the duurzaam-ondernemen.nl newsletter to vote for one of the candidates nominated by the jury. This vote will carry a weight of 60% for the final selection. During the 18th National Sustainability Congress on 8 November – the largest annual conference in the area of CSR and sustainability – visitors will also vote for their favourite candidate, with a weight of 40%.
The winner will receive a trophy and a wonderful weekend package for two people at Duurzaam Landgoed Zonheuvel in Doorn.
This is the 6th year that the CSR consultancy firm Sustainalize has partnered with Moonen Packaging and Sustainable Talent to organize the election.